Youth For Med

Students in favour of the Mediterranean.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Montenegro

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Casanovas

PostSubject: Montenegro   Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:20 pm

Montenegro

Hello, I’m Montenegro. My beautiful country is located in Southeastern Europe. Its name means “black mountain” in montenigrin, the official lenuage of Montenegro.
I’m by the coast of the Adriatic Sea to the south-west, bordered by Croatia to the west, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the northwest, Serbia to the northeast, Kosovo to the east and Albania to the south. The area of Montenegro is 13, 8712 km2. The capital city is Podgorica.
I have an estimate population of 678,177 of people and the official currency is the Euro.
I’m a republic. The actual president in the government is Filip Vujanovic and the prime minister Milo Dukanovic.

My country is a member of the United Nations, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the Council of Europe and CEFTA. It’s a potential candidate for membership of the European Union and NATO too. Montenegro wanted to enter the European Union in 2008, and it will be accepted in 2009. Additionally, Montenegro is a founding member of the Union for the Mediterranean.
The quality of life is better now than when Montenegro and Serbia were together. Montenegro declared the independence from Serbia in 2006 and now we are two different countries
The Unemployment is of 14,7%, and the IDH is 0.822.

I am cleaner than before, and tourism is increasing. I don’t really have a great relationship with Barcelona, though we are looking at the same sea.

Laura Casanovas
4rt D
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Montenegro
Page 1 of 1