Youth For Med
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youth For Med

Students in favour of the Mediterranean.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cyprus, Claudia Serna

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sergi
Admin
Sergi

Cyprus, Claudia Serna Empty
PostSubject: Cyprus, Claudia Serna   Cyprus, Claudia Serna EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I am Claudia, and I am from Cyprus. Cyprus is not very well known and I would like you to know a little bit more about my country.
Cyprus is in the east of Mediterranean Sea.
Turkey is our nearest neighbour, it is in the North, Syria in the East and Greece in the West.
Cyprus is the third biggest island in the Mediterranean, it is 9.250 km2.
I live in the south part of Nicosia, the capital city, it is the only capital city in the world divided in two by a wall. About 800.000 are the people who live in this island, the 80% of the people are Greek, and the 20% are Turkish.
Since 2008 we have been using the Euro, before we used the Cyprus pound. We speak Greek, Turkish and some people speak English.
We are a presidential republic with Demitris Christofias as our President , he is a communist and the sixth President of Cyprus. We have belonged to the UE since 2008.
Cyprus is the third country with most demographic growth, the population has grown by 15’5 per thousand. The demographic growth has grown because of immigration; 11’7 per thousand of the population are immigrants. The majority of immigrants come from United Kingdom, Greece, Georgia, Russia, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Bulgaria, Romania, Egypt and South Africa.

The life expectancy is about 77 years for men, and about 80 years old for women, because my country has got a good hygiene and medicines. Cyprus has a high quality of life, because our IDH is also high (0’903), we have a long and good life, a good education and a good PIB. Our PIB is 17.700 million € in 2007, the 4% is by agriculture, the 20’4% by industry and the 75’6% by services and construction. Cyprus is the third country with lower unemployment (5’5%) in the UE.
In the last years the pollution has grown, because of traffic and industry, but it still is acceptable. The land is worse because we use a lot of toxic products. On the coast we have built big hotels and flats. Here, we do not have a lot of fresh-water, and in some zones it is contaminated.

Claudia Serna Moreno
4t ESO D
Back to top Go down
https://youthformed.forumotion.net
Sergi
Admin
Sergi

Cyprus, Claudia Serna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cyprus, Claudia Serna   Cyprus, Claudia Serna EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Uploaded by Sergi, but wrote by Claudia Serna.
Back to top Go down
https://youthformed.forumotion.net

Cyprus, Claudia Serna
Page 1 of 1