Youth For Med
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youth For Med

Students in favour of the Mediterranean.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sara Monsó, Spain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sara Monsó

Sara Monsó, Spain Empty
PostSubject: Sara Monsó, Spain   Sara Monsó, Spain EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 3:48 pm

SPAIN

Hello, I’m from Spain!
It’s a very big country. It has an extension of 504.645 km2.
The name of the sea in the area is Mediterranean sea.
Our neighboring countries are Portugal (west), France (North) and Morocco, in Africa (South).
The capital city of Spain is Madrid. It is in the centre of Spain and it’s very beautiful. I live in Barcelona. It’s also a very important city in Spain. Spain has 17 autonomous communities.
Spain has 46.661.950 inhabitants. The density of population is of 92,46 inhab/km2.
The official courrency used in Spain since 2002 is the Euro (€), and the official lenguage is Spanish and some communities have a coofficial lenguage:
• Catalan coofficial in Cataluña and Balearic Islands.
• Valencian coofficial in Valencia.
• Galician coofficial in Galicia.
• Euskera coofficial in Pais Vasco and Navarra.

The president of Spain is Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
My country is a constitutional monarchy: Juan Carlos I de Borbón is the king, but he hasn’t got political power.
Spain suffered a dictatorship from 1939 to 1975 by Francisco Franco. The monarchy was interrupted for a while, and when Franco died the dictatorship finished and Juan Carlos I de Borbón was the king.
In 1981 Tejero tried to start another dictatorship but Juan Carlos didn’t accept that and he stopped it.
We belong to the European Union.
My country has a good standard of living.The UDH is very high: 0,938, and the PIB is 1.396.881.
We have a lot of traditions, and a fantastic cusine along with a big prodution of wine and olive oil.
One of the bad things of Spain is that it has a lot of pollution and many difficulties to reduce it.We are investing in wind power and have many fields with wind mills,but still we have a long way to go.
Now Spain has a lot of problems with the unemployment due to the the crisis.
Sara Monsó
Back to top Go down

Sara Monsó, Spain
Page 1 of 1